This store requires javascript to be enabled for some features to work correctly.

Why is Beeswax Better Than Paraffin?

Why is Beeswax Better Than Paraffin?

Paraffin wax is linked to many health issues, including headaches, cancer, birth defects, kidney damage, respiratory issues and nausea. Beeswax is a non-toxic, clean alternative that is always used in our tarts and lip balms.

When you shop at the Hive, you have our promise that we will only use ingredients that are safe for your family and home.  Did you know that most of the tarts you probably have tried contains paraffin wax? Are you aware of the health risks associated with paraffin wax? Read on to learn more.

What is Beeswax

Beeswax is a renewable all natural wax produced by honey bees.  Its non-toxic properties make it perfect for use as a clean burning source in tarts and candles. Unlike paraffin wax, beeswax is hypo-allergenic, which is great for people with allergies or sensitivities and those of us who want clean burning tarts in our home.

At the Hive, we use a blend of locally sourced beeswax and organic soy wax for our tarts. This blend creates a tart that is non-toxic, long lasting, and easy to remove from your warmer.  Oh and the scent throw... it's impressive and highly rated by our customers. 

What is Paraffin

Paraffin wax is a non-renewable wax created as a byproduct of petroleum, coal, or oil shale.  Paraffin is highly refined and treated with chemicals to force it into something that passes as a usable product.  It isn't a clean source.  Paraffin is NOT hypo-allergenic and not a great option for people with allergies, asthma, or other chemical sensitivities. Paraffin wax has been linked to the following health issues: headaches, cancer, kidney damage, birth defects, bone marrow damage, respiratory issues, and nausea to name a few! 

Ready to reconsider your wax source yet?






Leave a comment